Port Authority of New South Wales aims to ensure a sustainable balance between the ports, local communities and the environment.
The focus of our environmental management approach is to ensure that the identification and management of environmental risks and issues is integrated across all business functions and processes at all levels of the corporation.
Port Authority aims to minimise impacts on the community and the environment through a combination of strategies that include:
- identification and qualification of potential risks
- development of procedures to minimise risks to the public and the environment
- careful monitoring of operations
- application of environmental protection measures
- maintenance of communication links with the various port communities
- full compliance with all relevant legislation