24/10/2019 03:30 PM
Sydney awarded best Australian cruise port
Sydney is named the best cruise port in Australia in the Cruise Passenger Readers’ Choice Awards 2019.
Noted for its picturesque harbour and iconic landmarks makes, Sydney was also commended for its two cruise terminals and ability to host ships of all sizes — from the largest ships like Ovation of the Seas to smaller boutique cruise lines.
Over 11,000 readers voted in the awards making it the largest poll of cruise enthusiasts in the southern hemisphere — over half of Cruise Passenger’s readers have been on more than six cruises, and 30 per cent on 12.
First published in 1996, Cruise Passenger magazine is Australasia’s number-one publication for cruise enthusiasts. Its digital publication, cruisepassenger.com.au counts more than 100,000 readers.
Cruise Passenger Readers’ Choice Awards 2019: list of winners
- Best Australian cruise port: Sydney
- Best cruise line overall: Princess Cruises
- Best luxury cruise line: Silversea
- Best premium cruise line: Princess Cruises
- Best contemporary cruise line P&O Cruises Australia
- Best family cruise line: Royal Caribbean
- Best adventure cruise line: Ponant
- Best river cruise line: APT
- Best luxury river cruise line: Avalon Waterways
- Best cruise line for food: Oceania Cruises
- Best cruise line for entertainment: Princess Cruises
- Best cruise line for activities: Royal Caribbean
- Best cruise line for spa/wellness: Princess Cruises
- Best cruise line for service: Regent Seven Seas
- Best cruise line for sustainability: Hurtigruten
- Best cruise line for shore excursions: Princess Cruises
- Best cruise line for theme cruises: P&O Cruises Australia
- Best cruise line for cabin design: Viking Ocean Cruises
- Judges award for emerging cruise line: Cruise & Maritime Voyages
Read more about the Cruise Passenger award winners
Subscribe to our newsletter for all the news and stories from the ports and harbours of New South Wales